Here's the simple step by step procedure on how to hard reset or format the HTC Inspire 4G and restore it back to factory default state settings.
Please note: All data and application installed or stored will be deleted on HTC Inspire 4G as a result of this process.
Just make sure to save all data and personalized application and settings installed before commencing the factory setting. Performing a hard reset is only advisable if the HTC Inspire 4G experiencing application problem like freezing, hang up or halting etc. This process will restore the device to its original factory default state.
However, this process does not delete the data stored on the microSD memory card. Just back up it first before you proceed.
Resetting through Menu Settings
1. On the main home screen, select menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter your password if prompted, then select Erase everything upon confirmation
If the device is frozen, Do a hard reset through button combination:
1. If your HTC Inspire 4G is frozen, Turn the power off or then pull the battery out and put it back again
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Briefly Press and hold the Power button until the device power on
4. A menu will appear that allows you to choose for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and then release the Power button
7. A confirmation menu will appear: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
Note: selecting YES will erase all data including apps and games installed; if you choose YES then the erasing process will start. Once the wipe is complete, All data including third-party applications already deleted. The phone will automatically reboot and turn back on to default factory setting.